Dark circles and bags under the eyes are problems for men and women of any age. It can be embarrassing if people are constantly asking you if you are sick or if you didn’t get enough sleep last night but that’s hardly ever the issue. Our Restylane® treatments can help to combat this problem, but first you should understand what causes it.
Dark circles, bags and puffiness are generally caused by:
- Thin Skin. The skin under the eyes is extremely thin so you can see the blood vessels and muscle through it. This causes a dark effect although due to everyone’s different anatomy, it is more prominent on some than others.
- Allergies. When you have an allergy attack, a common reaction is for your eyes to swell a bit. This will exaggerate any puffiness or bags that you already have.
- How you sleep. Believe it or not, gravity has a lot to do with morning puffiness. If you tend to sleep on your stomach then you will have much more puffiness in the morning than someone that sleeps on their back.
- Fluid intake. The thin skin around your eyes is the most affected by the in and out flow of fluids. Too much and you look puffy, too little and they will look sunken and dark.
- Sickness. Colds usually lead to sinus congestion and that is a cause of dark circles, bags and puffiness.
The good news is that, regardless of the cause, you don’t have to put up with dark circles, puffiness and bags anymore!
For a long time, the only way to deal with puffiness was to remove the fat deposits beneath your eyes. They have always been there but as you get older they become easier to see giving the appearance of puffiness. The problem with removal is it can lead to a skeletal appearance. Dermafillers are a new approach that restores the insulating layers while adding volume and hydration.
If you are only concerned with dark circles and bags then there is an even more gentle option. Our Restylane® procedure will restore the volume to the delicate area under your eye. It gives a natural look and leaves your skin looking youthful.
Call 404.233.5255 or stop by The AgeLess Center today to learn more about how we can help treat under eye bags and dark circles.